In-Person Improv Classes Come to The Comedy Catch!
This Intro to Improv Comedy Workshop will last 8 weeks. Starting on Wednesday, April 6th, we'll meet weekly at The Comedy Catch, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Over the course of the workshop, you'll learn the "rules" of Improv and when and how to break them. You'll also learn how to play short form Improv "games," just like the ones you've seen on "Who's Line Is It Anyway."
Then, for the 8th session, you'll put on a Showcase Show where you'll get to show your friends and family everything you've learned during the workshop!
You'll also get two copies of our book, "Improv: Your Key to the Multiverse!" One to use in class, and one to give to a friend!
If you would like to participate, here's what you need to know:
* Workshop is limited to TEN (10) participants.
* Must be 18 or older to participate.
* Cost is $125 per person, reserved and paid via TicketLeap.
* All sessions will be held at The Comedy Catch located in the Chattanooga Choo Choo, at 1400 Market Street. Chattanooga, TN 37402.
* You MUST be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and have proof of vaccination to attend this class.
* Sessions start at 4:00 pm sharp every Wednesday starting on April 6th.
* The 8th session will be a Showcase performance that will be attended by your Friends and Family.
* Workshop will be taught by Steven W. Disbrow of Improv Chattanooga, author of “Improv: Your Key to the Multiverse.”
* Each student will receive a T-Shirt and a copy of “Improv: Your Key to the Multiverse” at the start of the first class.
About the Instructor
Steven “Diz” Disbrow has been improvising since the Fall of 2002, when he fell in with the Improv Troupe “Runs With Scissors” from Dalton GA. After a series of name changes and hiatuses, the group rebranded as “Improv Chattanooga” in 2015 and began teaching Improv Comedy to students in the area. Seven years and 40+ classes later, he’s thrilled to be bringing these classes to The Comedy Catch, where he was a fixture on Open Mic nights in the mid to late 90s!
“I’ve taken improv classes at Second City, iO (Improv Olympic) and the Annoyance Theater and I can say, without reservation, that I have gotten more out of the classes at Improv Chattanooga than any of those other places - Diz teaches comedic improvisation. with only one goal in mind: Making you a better performer, and he does so in a way that truly gets results. If you want a teacher who puts a lot of thought into your development, take classes with Improv Chattanooga.” - Morgan C.